Monday, April 9, 2012

NOW OPEN

            Early one morning I drove past two places on the same street.  Though they were completely different types of businesses, they both had the same sign outside.  It read “Now Open”.  The problem was, they weren’t. 
            Oh, I knew what they meant.  They were letting people know that they were in operation.  But, they weren’t open when I drove by.  What if I had needed them? 
            When God says that heaven is “Now Open”, He means it.  With Him, the present tense is always present.  His ears are always open to our prayers.  We never find a sign stating hours God can be reached and directing that we come back later if we are not within those hours.  We are not forced to take a number and wait for millennia in a million mile long line.  While the Bible does not teach that every answer is instantaneous, it is possible to get an instantaneous answer.  I had that borne in to me recently.            
            I couldn’t find my fingernail clippers.  I kept trying to figure out where they were.  I can’t stand to lose anything.  So, finally, I prayed.  “Lord, please don’t let me waste my time searching for these anymore.  Just let me lay my hand on them.”  I didn’t even have time to say “In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”  My hand was in the other pocket that I don’t normally keep them in, and I felt them down there.  That’s a fast answer. 
            Oh, I know I would have eventually found them, but the answer was in locating them at the time I wanted to know where they were.  God is concerned to restore misplaced fingernail clippers.  He is concerned about even more in your life.  Are you concerned enough to ask Him to look into matters for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment